Hi Giants families,
A few notes as we wrap up a great baseball season:
1. Our last practice is tonight at 6 PM. We're going to have some fun, and have an intra-team scrimmage with parents playing as well. Older siblings (who can be trusted to pull back against 6 year olds) and parents can join in as well.
2. Our last game is this Sunday at 2 PM - it will be another orange-fest as we close against the Orioles!
3. We will have a Giants pizza party following the game at Broadway Pizza in the Cabin John Center. It's a short drive from Tilden - head over after the game. Please let me know if you will be attending so we can order the right amount of food.
4. Now the hard part... I plan to continue coaching the Giants, but I will likely be moving the team up to the machine pitch league. This is typically a grade 2-3 league, but there are definitely some 1st graders in it this fall, and there will likely be more in the spring. I estimate that a bit over half the team is ready for this. I am happy to speak with any of you who have questions about this. Briefly: the games are six innings, score is kept, there ARE outs, and the fielding positions more closely resemble regular baseball. That being said, there are still plenty of kids of all abilities. I am happy to speak with any of you and welcome any and all Giants who wish to move up and continue with us in the spring!
(To be clear, this is the hard part because I have loved working with this group of kids and recognize that not all of them will necessarily be moving up, which is understandable but sad for me.)
So in summary:
- let me know your head count for Sunday's party
- let's chat about spring baseball