BCC Summer Sandlot
What’s BCC Summer Sandlot?
Summer Sandlot is like normal baseball, but three teams play at once. Summer Sandlot is continuous action, limited stoppages, more at-bats, and more chances to play every position. For players ages 9-11.
· Number of teams per game – 3!
· Players rotate positions every inning and play every position except catcher.
· Pitchers cannot pitch two consecutive innings
· Three walks or HBP in one inning, pitcher is subbed out, and coach comes in to finish the inning
· Some whacky rules that make Summer Sandlot a fun, fast paced, and action packed baseball game.
Why play Summer Sandlot?
Summer Sandlot is faster paced, more energetic, and tons of fun. Learn from BCC volunteer coaches at practice, then take those skills into game action.
One team is batting, the second team plays the outfield, and a third team plays the infield. After three outs, the teams rotate from batting to outfield, outfield to infield, and infield to batting. An inning counts after all three teams have batted. Summer Sandlot is a six inning game with a 2 hour time limit.
How are teams formed?
Players show up on Sunday at the scheduled game time, and BCC Baseball staff will split the players into teams.
4 games. 5 practices. June 21-July 23 – No game on July 2nd.
1pm. Sunday 6/25, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23 at Cabin John Regional #5 and #6 (One week at North Bethesda MS #5 and #6)
Wednesdays at 6pm BCC High School. Led by BCC volunteer coaches. Parents of players can help out too!